This is an old post from March 2015 that was in draft format. I just uploaded it (a year later) as it's relevant to what I'm working on now.
I've had some time away from working on this piece of music. Instinctively I felt that the middle section doesn't sit right with the rest of the music. Today I did some major edits. The transition section between section A and B has become section B itself. I've removed half the content.
I've been somewhat distracted from working on this piano trio as I have been working instead on a violin duo for a competition (must remain anonymous) and will be available for download following the conclusion of the competition.While I've cut the second half of this piano trio (as it didn't feel like it worked with the rest of the music.) I used this second half for the ending for the violin duo.